Taking It All In
Whelp, it is Monday. Back to real life.
A recap of the trip will be coming soon to the blog, however while I take the time to process all that I took in over these last nine days, here are a few realizations I am having:
- The whole world stops when you leave for vacation (uh, I came back to a government shut down!?) and
- There are so so so many people in the world that my little corner of the internet now seems so insignificant.
I had a check list for my blog and social media that I wanted to make sure I stuck to while I was away. I had plans for posting on social media and I was concerned about webpage visits and analytics while I was out. Was all my hard work just going to disappear overnight?
Then I stepped foot into Costa Rica and Pura Vida set in.
All of my plans went down the drain and I just enjoyed it. Yes, I did have internet from time to time and I posted to Instagram Stories when I thought about it, but for the most part I just enjoyed the time.
What is Pura Vida?
However, now that I am back it is time to fill ya'll in on some exciting news.
- My work/work/life balance is going to be in check. I am going to work on building my business and brand without letting analytics and numbers consume my world and
- It is time to talk about Blue Oak Farm
Blue Oak Farm is something that I have been passionate about for a bit, though it didn't really come to fruition until the first part of 2018.
At Blue Oak Farm we are focused on the simple (Pura Vida!) and handmade. We are starting with all organic spa and bath products and will see what happens from there. The basic premise is simple: if I love it and I make it, I will sell it. In the coming days/months I will go into more detail about Blue Oak Farm (how we got our name for example), however for now I am going to leave it at this:
- We open February 1
- We will have a shop on Etsy
- You will also be able to purchase items directly through this website
Also, for you, my readers there is something special!