Tips for a Successful Blog
Starting a blog was a big decision for me. Laying out my thoughts for others to judge on a very public platform is scary!
Are you like me? Did you make the decision to become a blogger and find that you have trouble writing blogs? If you are anything like me, writing blog post doesn’t always come easy. I struggle with what to write about, wondering if it will be interesting and worth reading. Fret not, dear readers, a quick Google search revealed that we are not the only ones with this issue. Phew!
After some research and extensive note taking, I have organized my thoughts and I’d love to share with you the tools that I learned for blogging success.
- Know your audience – Figure out who you want your readers to be and write for them! Be relevant and readers will be interested.
- Find a blog to steal – Ok…. Don‘t actually steal, that is plagiarism, BUT I have heard it said, “Good artists copy, great artists steal.” It is ok to write about the same things that others do, just put your own spin on it!
- “What are you interested in/What are you good at?” – Bloggers will enjoy reading your posts, if you are interested in what you are writing! Do you like to travel? Do you like to cook? Write about the tips you have or a skill that you think should be shared. If you are interested in your topic, your writing will be more interesting!
- Be consistent – Whether you post weekly or daily, be consistent.
- Be ethical – If you use a picture that is not yours, give credit where credit is due.
A key element in the success of a blog is time. Success won’t come overnight. Be consistent, and persevere through the dry periods, and it will pay off!
REMEMBER: And this is most important…HAVE FUN – If you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong.